To understand the problem I gave online questionaire to 10 Flip users:
1. Choose the services that you ever used in the Flip app:
☐ Interbank transfer
☐ Top-up Phone Credit
☐ Buy Mobile Data Plan
☐ Buy Electricity Tokens
- 60% users never used Flip services other than interbank transfer
2. What complaints or things do you dislike from Flip app?
- Need more supported banks
- Does not provide 24 hour service
- Sometimes it takes a long time for transaction confirmation
- Sometimes the app is error (on Android phone)
3. What features or improvements would you like to expect to see in Flip app?
- More supported banks
- Provide 24 hour service
- Add other bills payments, such as BPJS Kesehatan
- More giveaways
- More & cheaper mobile data plan options
- Several issues related to business decisions, such as the number of supported banks, 24 hours service, more bill payment services & security PIN. As someone who do know about Flip internal strategy I can’t suggest anything about it & may be the Flip team already has a plan on it.
- I also can’t suggest any solution about transaction confirmation time because I don’t know detailed procedure, constraints & the tech behind it.
- For app stability on Android devices, it’s a common issues of Android because there are many Android device types in the market & there are many users that still use old Android OS versions.
- More giveaway & cheaper mobile data plan can be used as marketing strategy to attract new users to register & to attract current users to use more Flip services beside the main service (interbank transfer)
Attract users use more Flip services beside interbank transfer
- Show all Flip features at Home page to make user understand that Flip has many features other than interbank transfer
- I also did feature icons refinement
Fix the top up balance “Isi Saldo” UX to avoid confusion for new users
- Show "Balance Top Up" / "Isi Saldo" button after user creating the account
- Add a new page to help user understand how & progress of activating the "Isi Saldo" feature