Kompas.id is a paid subscription news website/app owned by Kompas Gramedia (KG). Kompas.id contains news that published in Kompas Daily newspaper, updated news and additional contents (research, visual/interactive speech, behind the news, etc). Kompas.id can be accessed through the website & app (Android & iOS).
The current design of Kompas.id app is not efficient & there is still a lot of room for improvement especially on UI/UX design aspects
Redesign the Kompas.id app to make user easier and more convenient accessing the news
Redesign the News Filter from tabs on a single row to integrated content on related pages:
- "Latest News": all news on Kompas.id is displayed in chronological order, except for the "Most Popular News" & "Focus News" (editorial recommendation
- "My Picks": created a separate page (new menu) called "For You" to display news according to the preferences of the topics that selected by the user
- "Free Access News": user can access "Free Access News" by clicking the "Free Access" tag
- "Editorial Recommendation": at the top of the "Home" page there are editorial recommendation news section called "Focus". In this section the editor can display their selected news, for example: a news collection of "Tokyo Olympics 2020"
- "Most popular": 5 most popular news will be displayed in the "Most Popular" section (carousel)
- "Printed News": The printed Kompas Daily contents can be accessed in the "ePaper" menu which can be read in Mobile View Mode and Classic PDF Mode
Improving Kompas.id app information architecture & reorganize features placement to make it more efficient. I changed main menus/features from "Kompas.id", "ePaper" & "Books" to "Home" (Kompas.id), "For You", Topics" & "ePaper".
Note: menu name translation from Bahasa Indonesia/Indonesian Language to English
- "Home" = "Beranda"
- "For You" = "Pilihanku"
- "Topics" = "Rubrik"
- "Books" = "Buku"
Rearranged the "Search" feature placement & changed a bit the algorithm scenario. The "Search" feature on the "Home" & "Topics" pages will display search results across all Kompas.id contents (ePaper, updated news & additional contents). While the "Search" feature on "ePaper" page will only display search results of ePaper contents.
"Books" (e-book readers) are not well integrated & a bit confusing for user because user only can buys/adds new digital books through Kompas.id e-commerce website but there is no such feature in Kompas.id app
I was confused when first time accessing the "Books" page menu (e-book reader). There are 2 pre-downloaded books on the app but I can't find any menu to add/buy another books to the collection.I asked a friend who had worked at Kompas.id. According to him, to add a book to "Books" collection user must purchase it through Kompas.id e-commerce website (Gerai Kompas.id). This flow is quite weird because user can read digital books on Kompas.id app but they can't purchase a book through the app.Currently, the Kompas.id e-commerce website (Gerai Kompas.id) not only provides digital books but also printed Kompas Daily newspapers subscription, printed magazines, printed books, souvenirs (board games, t-shirts, post cards), tickets & Kompas.id subscription. So to make product development more focused and does not confuse users, it's better for Kompas to make separate apps between Kompas.id News app (Kompas.id app) and Kompas.id E-commerce app (Gerai Kompas.id app).On my current design I removed the "Books" feature (e-book reader) from the Kompas.id app.